So, to continue our streak of doing tag post the past two weeks, we’ve got another one coming your way today! So, today’s post isn’t actually a Tag per say, it’s an Award. We were nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Sophie @ Sophie-Alice Talks who has a wonderful blog! She is a heartfelt blogger who writes about all the issues that truly matter to her in the world, one of those issues being mental health, which we suffer with as well, so we alway love to hear what she has to say on the subject. She’s been there, and it is totally refreshing to read the perspective of someone who just. gets. it. You know? She also writes posts on anything from movie reviews to uni advice. Suffice to say, she’s awesome. And her post really are SUPER helpful, thoughtful, and chalk full of great writing and ideas! So, we strongly encourage that you guys head over to her blog and check her out sometime soon. You can start with her Blogger Recognition Award post!
With that being said, lets get on with this post!
First, here are the steps/rules for the Blogger Recognition Award…
- Write a post about how and why you have started this blog.
- Include the person who nominated you into your post, add a link to their blog and a short description.
- Give new bloggers two pieces of advice
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated for this award and provide the link to your post
Here we go then!
Why we started this blog…
Our story is actually pretty simple. We have always loved reading. For as long as we can remember reading has been our number one pastime. There is nothing more fun, exciting or relaxing to us then curling up with a good book and reading until the early hours of the morning. We have also been a part of the online book community for what seems like just as long. We love to watch our favorite BookTubers for recommendations and reviews. We adore following our favorite authors on their social media to keep up to date on all the latest news and announcements. And we can never stop stalking the internet for fan-castings of our favorite reads. Suffice to say, we love books and have always been members of the book community, but only passively. We wanted to actively contribute to the world we spent so much of our free time in. We wanted to share the books we love and the reasons why we think reading is so important. (If you wanted to know those exact reasons, you can check out our About Page or our post on Why YA Matters!) However, that was a lot easier said then done. With our mental health and the amount of stress we put ourselves under both in high school and in college, we never got around to starting this blog (an idea we had had for a while) it wasn’t until our Social Media and PR class in sophomore year of college that we finally had the motivation to start this blog as a part of one our assignments. Since then, the rest is history. We’ve continued this blog and have committed to an Bookstagram as well! And we have loved every minute of it!
Two tips for new bloggers…
- We don’t necessarily feel like we are qualified to be giving advice but we will share what has really come to help us continue with our blog! The main piece of advice we are going to give is be consistent! Try to set up a day for yourself each week where you can write your posts when you know you won’t have anything else to do. This scheduling has really helped us to keep up with your posts. If you just say to yourself “I need to write one post next week and I’ll do it whenever I have time”, it WON’T get done. You will put if off to another day, or just rationalize yourself out of doing it all together. Blogging and writing posts needs to have its own designated time just like what you would set aside for school, homework or work.
- Our second tip or little piece of advice is to engage! Read your comments. Respond to them. Start conversations with other bloggers. Follow their blogs and read their posts. Follow fellow bloggers on their other social media channels! This makes your blogging experience just so much more worthwhile. It creates a community and a group of people who you can relate to through even just the common experience of blogging!
Who we’re nominating…
- Savannah @ The Book Prophet
- Annike and Zoe @ Twin Tales Book Reviews
- Maria @ Bookworm Wanders
- Jess @ Jess Just Reads
- Cat @ Let The Pages Reign
- Sarah @ Writer’s Friend
- Harley @ Harley Decapito
- Enni @ The Book Dimension
- Angela @ Pooled Ink
- Emily @ The Little Book Affair
- Alaina @ An Infinite Book World
- May @ Forever and Everly
- Norees @ NoReadsTooGreat
- Jordan @ Her Paper Adventure
- Georgia and Morgan @ Pocket Full of Pages